Cardinal baseball, from the girls
Tag Archives: AAA
June 2, 2010Posted by on
Chris’ computer ate her homework. No really – her computer crashed and today’s blog post is being held hostage by the Geek Squad somewhere. Angela and I had high expectations for a fill-in post, but unfortunately were both a little distracted by last night’s Cardinals game …and this:
http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=12194640&server=vimeo.com&show_title=1&show_byline=1&show_portrait=0&color=&fullscreen=1David Freese Cover Photo Shoot from ALIVE Magazine St. Louis on Vimeo.
So, from the minds of two very tired and slightly giddy Cardinals bloggers, we bring you a list of “Things That Make Us Go Hmmmm?”
We were wondering….
1. Why would Brendan Ryan forego the high socks when his mustache alone seemed to be bringing the luck?
2. Why does Jason LaRue only cut his hair once a year? Why now? (By the way, Jason’s new look gets a definite thumbs-up!)
3. Why bring Aaron Miles up to the big leagues now when Tyler Greene and Joe Mather are both hitting better? (and at a higher level?)
4. Who invented MLB blackout areas and why don’t they make any sense?
5. Why is Colby striking out so much lately?
6. Why did the McGwires plan to have babies in June? Mark has a baseball job!
Let’s rephrase that: Why did Mark McGwire accept a job as the Cardinals’ batting coach when his wife was having triplets in June?
PS- congratulations to the McGwire family!
7. Why bring in Ryan Franklin in the 8th inning with the Cardinals trailing and a shortage of available arms?
8. Are there actual people running baseball-reference.com? Or do computers boost statistics from somewhere? Or is it just the work of magic baseball fairies?
9. Why do people either LOVE the wave or HATE the wave? No in-betweeners?
10. Why has Angela not dedicated an entire blog post to Adam Wainwright?
11. Why do Cardinals fans love scrappy little players? How far back does this love affair go? Pepper Martin?
12. Do players that go up/down from MLB to AAA rent more than one apartment?
13. Does pay change, depending on whether the boys are playing AAA or MLB games?
14. How many tattoos does Felipe Lopez have anyway?
15. Why does the national media only care about the Yankees/Sox baseball rivalry?
16. Why doesn’t anyone in baseball recognize that the Cardinals have the top three rotation guys in the majors?
17. How do we even compare team offense stats between AL and NL teams when AL teams have a DH and NL teams bat their pitchers?
18. How will Brendan Ryan survive without his sidekick while Joe Mather is with AAA Memphis?
And the biggest questions is:
How many readers will actually stick around to read all 18 things that we were wondering about?
Thanks for reading, Mom!
Today the Cardinals face the Reds to battle for the series at 7:15pm CT (on ESPN).